Tuesday, March 6, 2012

To Dye For

I recently started dying some of my knits and have been really happy with the results:





More styles/colors in the shop!

My new kick is natural dying! My favorite so far is with onion skins (photos to come), it makes for the most beautiful golden brown. Someday I will have a dye garden like this dude:


Sans the creeps of course.

Today I ordered some Indigo and Madder seeds to get things started (blue and red respectively). I guess the Madder takes up to 3 years to get roots substantial enough to use, lame, but whatever, we'll see if I can squeeze some red out sooner than that (my houseplants have been growing like crazy in this SoCal climate!). I'll post the progress, but if any of you out there have any natural dying experience please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment